Sunday 1 June 2014

Don't Give Up


How many times to we go so far with something, a project, a person, a plan, a resolution and then just decide to stop. I’ve had enough. I give up. How can this be worth the struggle? Well, if you are still here then it is NOT the end of the story! He will never take you to a place that you cannot go. I firmly believe that we are given trials and temptations as “we are training for reigning!”

“He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, and they will bring offerings in righteousness to the Lord”
Malachi 3:3

The Free Dictionary defines perseverance as- “Steady persistence in adhering to a course of action, a belief, or a purpose; steadfastness”

The poem Perseverance by Ann Stortz says it all really-

When all the world is looming dark
And things seem not so clear,
When shadows seem to hover ’round
Lord, may I persevere.


When it seems everything’s been tried
And there’s no way to go,
Just let me keep remembering
Sometimes the journey’s slow.


I may just need to stop and rest
Along the path I trod,
A time to try to understand
And have my talk with God.


As I gain new strength to carry on
Without a doubt or fear,
Somehow I know things will be right,
And so, I persevere.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment